Snort 126.96.36.199 is a free intrusion detection system for Windows PCs which works by sniffing packets and monitoring networks. It's widely used intrusion detection and prevention software (IDS / IPS). With the analysis of packets, Snort detects whether they might be a threat to system and network security. This download is licensed as freeware for the Windows (32-bit and 64-bit) operating system/platform without restrictions. Snort is available to all software users as a free download for Windows.Is Snort safe to download?
We tested the file Snort_2_9_18_1_Installer.x64.exe with 23 antivirus programs and it turned out 100% clean. It's good practice to test any downloads from the Internet with trustworthy antivirus software.Does Snort work on my version of Windows?
Older versions of Windows often have trouble running modern software and thus Snort may run into errors if you're running something like Windows XP. Conversely, much older software that hasn't been updated in years may run into errors while running on newer operating systems like Windows 10. You can always try running older programs in compatibility mode.
Officially supported operating systems include Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP.What versions of Snort are available?
The current version of Snort is 188.8.131.52 and is the latest version since we last checked. This is the full offline installer setup file for PC. This site has hosted other versions of it in the past such as 2.9.18, 184.108.40.206, 2.9.17, 220.127.116.11 and 2.9.16. At the moment, only the latest version is available.What type of graphical file formats are supported?
Snort supports over 3 common image formats including MPO, NEF and RAW.
Alternatives to Snort available for download
- Nmap for WindowsFree network exploration and auditing.
- Nessus HomeCan scan home networks for vulnerabilities with easy patching.
- Wireshark PortablePortable version of a free and open-source packet analyzer.
- Symantec Endpoint ProtectionPowerful endpoint antivirus software application that may be used on computer systems to protect against a wide array of malware and other malicious...
- Microsoft Safety ScannerVirus scanner that checks Windows systems for malware, adware, virus infections and potential threats with quick, full or custom scans.
- Bitdefender Antivirus FreeFull antivirus software available for free that combined a firewall, password manager, vulnerability scanner and intrusion detection.
- MyLanViewer PortableIP scanner, NetBIOS scanner, network scanner and LAN messenger.
- Kaspersky Virus Removal ToolBasic antivirus program that removes viruses without realtime protection.
- ImmunetA set of tools to protect against viruses, malware, keyloggers and other nasty components found on the web.
- Who Is On My WifiDetects unknown users of a wireless network at the home or in the office.